August 12, 2011

Critter Update

Here's an update on our critter problem. I decided to make both the repellent and killer recipes I found online. That way, the mice that are not repelled, will die. I sprayed the repellent around the baseboards, and also around the outside perimeter of the house. Then I set out the powder mouse killer in the corners we have seen mice run to/from, in little cups. I did this last Thursday, and have not seen a single mouse, or mouse poo, since! I know that this is not definite proof that every single mouse is gone, but I'm a happy girl!

Here are the recipes I used, in case you are having the same issue:

Mouse Repellent (also works with moles):

2 Tbs. Castor Oil
6 Tbs. Liquid Dish Soap
1 tsp. Hot Sauce (the spicier, the better)
1 clove Minced Garlic
1 Quart Water

Mix ingredients in spray bottle. I also added a few drops of peppermint oil for good measure, since I read that mice can't stand the smell of peppermint.

Mouse Killer:

1 cup Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Baking Soda

Mix ingredients and place in small bowls wherever you see mice traffic. Safe for pets/kiddos, but will cause gas if swallowed.

Hope this helps! Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment